Casual Employee — 15-20 hours/month
The Coalition for Children, Youth, and Families works to inspire, inform, and support individuals and families caring for children touched by foster care and adoption. We provide outreach, support, information, and referrals to families and professionals. In addition, we act to raise awareness about the need for foster care and adoption through a variety of recruitment efforts. A large portion of the work we provide is in response to grants awarded to the agency through the State of Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.
Journey Partners will serve as representatives of the Coalition for Children, Youth, and Families and will report to the Program Supervisor for Post Adoption Services. Journey Partners will provide phone and email support to foster and adoptive parents in Southeastern Wisconsin and partner with other parents for mutual support.
Areas of responsibility may include:
- Provide phone and email support to adoptive parents
- Mentor and model self-advocacy to help meet the needs of the parent
- Advocate for the positive choices of the parent and the positive vision for their family
- Identify other parent leaders and facilitate support networks
- Build relationships with public and private foster and adoption agencies in their region to ensure that agency staff refer parents to the Coalition and Journey Partners
- Be active in Post Adoption Resource Center Facebook group page
- Assist with community outreach
- Submit accurate documentation (includes hours, contacts, activities, issues of importance to parents, new regional resources, etc.)
- Meet in person once a month to discuss critical issues and support one another
- Other program support as needed
- Minimum of 21 years of age required
- Minimum of 2 years lived experience as an adoptive or foster-adoptive parent. 3 or more preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Able to demonstrate cultural intelligence with diverse groups
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience that demonstrates organization and planning abilities
- Willing to travel within southeastern Wisconsin periodically
- Must complete and pass background checks
Other information: This is a casual employment position which can involve day time hours, nights, and weekends, based on program needs.
To Apply: Applications will be accepted until positions is filled. Interested applicants should send a resume along with answers to the questions below to HR@coalitionforcyf.org or by mail to
Coalition for Children, Youth, and Families
Attn: Human Resource Department
6682 W. Greenfield Ave, Suite 310
Milwaukee, WI 53214
Required Questions to be Answered:
- Please describe what attracts you to this position and why you are interested in pursuing employment with our agency.
- Please describe how your experience and education match the outlined job posting and services provided by the Coalition for Children, Youth, and Families.
- Please share what you believe are the benefits of being an adoptive parent and a member of the Coalition team, as well as what challenges you think this dual role will present.
The Coalition for Children, Youth & Families is a positive and empowering place to work. We value not only the mission and vision of the organization, but also the individuals and families who use our services, but also our staff members and volunteers. We have a family friendly environment and we place a high importance on key company culture guidelines.
Coalition for Children, Youth & Families respects the value and dignity of every individual and serves our clients without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, marital status or economic level.
This policy also applies to employment practice, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, members and customers, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, and dealings with the general public.